Friday, May 4, 2012

A goat milking stand

I am the daughter of a master woodworker.  I was patiently instructed on how to use tools and wood to build things.  I built a wooden chair when I was 5 years old.  It certainly wasn't fancy or square but it held me.  I don't build fine furniture, but I could, thanks to my dad.

I am married to a machinist, a metal worker, a gear-head.  He works in metals.  He can rebuild transmissions (I've got one in my garage right now).  Pretty much anything with metal, he can do it.

On our farm, that makes us a pretty good team!  Hubby is in charge of anything metal, I handle the wood projects.

My latest project is this:


If you don't recognize it, it's a goat milking stand!  And I didn't just build it to fill my Tuesday afternoon.  Next week we're scheduled to get at least one goat!!  (applause here)

I grew up with goats and am very excited about this new opportunity for our farm.  There will certainly be more pictures to share next week.

But for now my milking stand is empty and waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every comment, thank you for sharing in our farm!